Do you want to know the number of people that visited your site and filled the form? If that is the case, you’re lucky since the article will provide you detailed insights related to tracking form conversations.
It should be noted that lead generation campaign mechanisms should be measured. Otherwise, you’re bound to fail if you do not track your lead sources. This is because you will not know which campaign strategy is working and is not working.
The article is going to narrow down on how you will track your form conversions using Google Analytics. Read on!
How to track the form conversion source in Google Analytics?
While it’s achievable, tracking form conversions can be a daunting challenge. This is because each time a lead generator form is published, one has to configure a specific goal on the Google Analytics account.
In other words, you will have to place additional tracking codes on your sites. This can be cumbersome and involving, especially if one’s lead generation forms are all over the sites and in different places.
But with MonsterInsights, you can effectively set up a form conversion tracker for your sites. And the tracker will automatically track all the form conversions without tampering with the manual goal set up and the code. Below is the procedure of handling MonsterInsights;
- Install MonsterInsights Forms addon and then activate it.
- After installing the MonsterInsights plugin, tie it up with Google Analytics by going to Insights » Addons. Then click the Install feature that is on under the addon Form.
- Once the plugin is installed, the button will indicate Activate. Ensure the addon is active and click the button to activate.
- Now MonsterInsight is active, and it will record the data of the forms automatically and display them in the report. The user can see the information through Insights » Reports » Forms.
- Every form will have impressions, conversion rates, and conversions.
How to track the lead source in Google Analytics?
With the form conversion tracker, the chances are that you already know which source drives the most leads to the site. Tracking lead source needs more than MonsterInsights. Below is the process;
- Go to the account of Google Analytics.
- Log in and select Behavior » Events » Top Events. This is found on the menu that is located at the left. Then you will see the forms in the event category. Click on the Form
- After this, if done rightly, you will see total impressions and conversions, and because you are concerned about the visitors that filled the form, click on the conversions.
- Now you will see the forms that the visitors submit. Click on the specific form; that is the form that you are interested in. This can be a quotation form, contact form, or even any other lead generation form.
- Once the form is selected, the next thing is to apply the secondary dimension. And you can do that by clicking the dropdown menu of the second dimension and then click on Source / Medium. This option is found under the Acquisition, but also on your search bar, you can type source/medium.
- And this will provide you the sources of the visitors. This will include where the visitors completed the form.
- You can take the game a notch higher by using the advanced filters. For instance, if you are interested in the traffic that your websites send to you, meaning referrals. You can utilize the advanced filters to show you only referrals’ sources. You can do this by clicking the advance that is next to your search bar. And then select Include » Source / Medium » Containing. Lastly, in the last field, enter referrals. Now that you have entered, click Apply. And the filter will show you your prescribed sources.
How to track form conversions in the WPForms
WPForms is also another way that you can use to track your form conversion sources. This method records the route the visitors take before submitting a form to one’s site. Meaning, WPForms uses User Journey Addon to document the journey of the visitors.
Here, you are required to install and activate WPForms’ addon. But for you to access and view your reports easily, you need to subscribe to a Pro or Higher plan. Below is the process of installing WPForms Addons;
- Go to your WPForms on the WordPress admin section, click Add-ons.
- Go to the User Journey Addon, click Install Addon.
- When the form becomes active, go WPForms » Entries and select the forum that you want to see that visitor’s journey. Then scroll down the User Journey and see the individual’s duration, time, date, and how many pages they viewed.
As a marketer, you need to take your game a notch higher to beat the fierce competition. Tracking the form conversion form is one of the crucial components. Knowing the number of visitors and how they behaved will make you have a rough idea of the clientele’s needs and wants. Once you know the needs and wants aspect, you will improve the current strategy if it’s not working or stick with it if it’s working.